Monday, January 24, 2011

Overview of Laura Mercier's Silk Road Spring Collection with Swatches

These are the overview swatches and product photos of the Laura Mercier Silk Road Cheek and Eye Palette for Spring 2011. The colors are beautiful and they swatch so vibrantly and vividly on the skin. All the eyeshadows included in the palette are shimmery or include glitter, so this palette is not for the matte eyeshadow lover. However, I find all these shades extremely versatile and I can imagine they would work well on mature or youthful skin. I think this palette would also work well for a wide range of skin tones because of the versatility of the colors. I love that Laura Mercier has introduced a fresh sparkly purple in the palette, as well as included a wearable and universal taupe eyeshadow.

The two larger shades are a blush and highlighting powder. The blush is a vibrant coral pink with a slight gold shimmer, while the highlight is a light pink with gold shimmer. I find Palace Pink, the highlight, to be similar in texture to Nars Albatross, however it's pink shade, allows it to work quite well on those with more beige and pink undertones in their skin. I think it's a truly versatile highlighting powder, however for those with truly dark complexions, I would worry it could come off a little ashy. I also give warning to the extremely fair complected individuals embarking on Persian Rose, the blush included in the palette. Persian Rose although a beautiful pinky coral, needs to be applied with a light hand due to its heavy pigmentation and the bright shade.

When I first opened this palette I was most worried about the light purple shade called Lavender Silk, however I find that it wears quite well on my skin and adds a soft shimmery glow to light-medium complected individuals with peachy-yellow undertones. The entire palette retails for $48.00.

I also purchased one of the lip pluming glosses which sadly cost around $30.00. Although I love the shade, which is a pinky coral with gold shimmer struck through it, I dislike the price a lot. I find it hard to swallow that a lip gloss could cost $30.00. Despite the shocking price tag, I purchased the lip gloss, which is of really high quality. The consistency is not sticky and is quite moisturizing. Additionally, the gloss is meant to plump the lips, so it has a hint of mint mixed in its citrus-orange smell. I like the gloss especially because it does not require a lipstick underneath, but I wish it would have been more around $20 bucks versus $30.


No comments:

Post a Comment