Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nail of the Day - OPI's Austin-tatious Turquoise

Ok, before you say this color looks like a color you'd pull out of a 1/2 off basket at Walmart, think again. I know this color doesn't really look that unique, but it actually is! What? Did I just say a turquoise-blue-green polish was unique? Yes! When I first say this color in the collection, I was like.....ehhh. However, it was named after the city I was born and grew up...and it actually fits the city quite well. (Austin is know for it's live music, it's liberal-hippie ideologies, it's laid back culture and it's technology economy. It attracts thousands of students every year to it's extra-large university where 50,000 students learn and educate themselves each year. It's also known for it's tree-hugging hike and bike trails and home to companies like Whole Foods.) Thus, turquoise is a great color for this nail polish because Austin is a stand out city in Texas, just like this nail polish make you stand out when you wear it. You might not love this nail polish at first glance, but please apply it or go to your local Ulta and swatch it! It's really fantastic! I was amazed at the beautiful green and blue shimmer and it applied like a dream. If you want eclectic and sometimes eccentric nails, then you should check out this color.

I applied Nail Envy as a base coat, then I applied three coats of OPI's Austin-tatious Turquoise and Seche Vite as a top coat. Enjoy!

Three Coats of OPI's Austin-tatious Turquoise
Three Coats of Austin-tatious Turquoise

3 comments:

  1. I notice you always use Nail Envy as a base, so I checked it out while I was at Ulta last weekend. Turns out there are choices! Can you tell me which one you use? I don't have great fingernails, but I'd be hard pressed to define their deficiency that specifically - maybe because I have all of the problems! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lillie!

    I use the original Nail Envy and it works great for me! I had really dry, peeling, helpless nails before using it! I also had a bad habit of biting on my nails (mainly because they were thin, sad and I had a nervous habit!) I have since broken that bad habit by putting OPI's Original Nail Envy on my nails. I use two coats before every polish I apply. It has helped my nails tremendously! I still have some slight peeling, but not nearly as bad as before and my nails are a lot, a lot, a lot stronger! It's like they are totally different nails! I am so impressed by the product. People often ask me if it's worth the $16.00 price tag and I say...YES! It's an A+ product in my opinion and I love it! I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! That does help, and hopefully it will help my pitiful nails too. Yours are so pretty! I think they must have been out of the original, so I will try again. I didn't want to spend $16 for something that didn't work, but it will definitely be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete