Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mac Cremeblend Blush in Ladyblush Swatches

I went by the Mac Counter today since I knew my Mac purchase from the Mac Jeanius Collection wouldn't arrive yet and looked at the new Mac Cremeblend blushes. I purchased the Mac Cremeblend blush released with the Mac in Lillyland Collection last Spring called Joie de Vie, so I was familiar with the texture and application of the Cremeblend blushes. I swatched all the blushes and I was really stuck between Mac Cremeblend Blush in Posey (a brighter coral-pink blush) and Mac Cremeblend Blush in Ladyblush (a more subtle peachy-coral blush). I decided that I had plenty of bright coral-pink blushes and that my collection needed a few more subtle peaches. I have swatched and applied Mac Cremeblend Blush in Ladyblush for you. I have to admit, I never owned any of Mac's other cream blushes so I cannot honestly compare the formula of the old ones with the new ones. However, I really like the application of the few Mac Cremeblend blushes that I do own. I find them easy to apply, very creamy, easy to blend and I have found they stay on really nicely throughout the day.

Enjoy!

Swatch of Mac Ladyblush
Setting 2 On Camera - Natural Light Setting
Setting 1 On Camera - Low Light with Flash

3 comments:

  1. This color is beautiful! And it suits you well. I'm curious to see how the old Ladyblush compares to the new Ladyblush in shade. Temptalia posted comparison for old v. new Posey, and they looked surprisingly different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have the old Ladyblush and used it for years because I loved it so much.:) But I was always easily heavy-handed with it. This one definitely looks different, but I think I prefer this new shade better! Seeing your swatch and pictures has convinced me to get it! Beautiful!:) Switched to powder blushes for a while, but it just doesn't give that nice glow and even color blend from within like mac's cremeblushes did. How did you apply it? I used to use a brush, but hated how the hairs got stuck in the blush...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applied it with a brush. I used an angle brush just because I find when I use my fingers I tend to get too much product in one particular area of my cheek. I never tried the old Ladyblush, but I really love this one. I highly recommend it. The formula is really great and not sticky at all!

    ReplyDelete