Thursday, April 28, 2011

Nail of the Day - EssieEssie Chinchilly - Two Coats with Flash Chinchilly

Essie Chinchilly is a gorgeous smokey taupe cream with gray undertones and very pretty at that. This lacquer color actually reminds me a lot of what a glass of cold milk looks like after a few too many oreos have been dunked in it. All day today I was a bit unsure about this polish and I even said a few negative things about it, until I realized just how pretty and unique it really is. This lacquer is actually what I had hoped OPI's You Don't Know Jacques would look like, except with less brown undertones. This lacquer applied evenly and nicely on my nails, however the coats are a bit more sheer than I originally believed them to be, so you may need to apply thicker coats for this same coverage as I achieved here. The photos taken with the flash most accurately depict the true color of the polish. I applied Seche Base as a base coat, two coats of Essie Chinchilly (two thicker coats), and Seche Vite as a top coat for this result. Enjoy!
Essie Chinchilly - Two Coats with Flash
Essie Chinchilly - Two Coats with Flash
Essie Chinchilly - Two Coats with Flash
Essie Chinchilly - Two Coats NO Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment