Monday, January 31, 2011

OPI's Texas Collection

Are y'all ready for this? As a Texas native, I couldn't be more excited to see OPI's new collection was Texas themed. Those of you in the 49 other states might not know this, but in Texas we have a lot of PRIDE. Now, let me explain one thing though - we don't ride horses, we all don't all have Texas drawls, and we all weren't raised in barns (despite popular misconception!) However, we are people of our word, we have big hearts and we proud of the State we call home!

I don't usually post information on new nail polish collections, but I was so excited about this one, I just had to give you all heads up. I already pre-ordered several items from this collection, including an item with the name of the city I was born in!!! :) :) :) This collection has everything that I think Rescue Beauty Lounge's Spring 2011 Collection was lacking - COLOR! I don't know about y'all, but I love color! I am excited to see a bold green, a deep chocolate brown, a bright fuschia pink, a turquoise, a bright orange and some fun corals and pinks! How else is a girl gonna get noticed, now? hehehe.

Please note, some of the colors in this collection are jelly finishes. What does that mean? It means that the colors aren't opaque when applied, but give the appearance of a "jelly-like" texture on the nail allowing the natural nail to show through. Jelly's aren't totally sheer, they still have a very nice bold color effect, but they are somewhat see-through and probably different than anything you've tried! If you don't own any Jelly's I highly recommend you try them out with this collection!

To preorder, I recommend M Beauty Lounge! I am not affiliated with this company, but I have had good luck with them in the past! PLEASE NOTE: I have received reliable information that MBeautyLounge has failed to provide the level of customer service or support one would expect from a reliable company. From what I understand, they have failed to send out orders in a timely manner, made false statements as to the issuance of refunds and have not delivered items as promised. I apologize for any of you who have experienced bad customer service with this company. I have never had a poor experience but the overwhelming number of complaints speaks louder than words that MBeautyLounge has some issues and will not longer be getting my money or my recommendation.

The release date for these polishes is February 2011! What are your thoughts? Do you love the brights? I have to admit, although the colors don't look that unique, BUT some of them really stand out to me, like Don't Mess with OPI, Suzi Loves Cowboys, and Do You Think I'm Texy? (Jelly). Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I ordered the mini pack from trans design and I just got it! I should post a swatch of the blue..it looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all the colors! I also am giving you a Versatile Blog award. (see my blog for the details) I so love your post please keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete