Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nail of the Day - Nars Desperado!

This color is so unique, I took several photos to show you how in different lighting the color looks different. Nars Desperado is a gold with green and brown undertones. It's absolutely gorgeous and metallic-like on the fingers. I really love it. It's kind of taken my breath away. As you can see, the first set of photos are taken closer up and with the flash, so the polish looks gold. However, when I took the photos further away, the polish's green undertones really shined through. I used OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat and applied three coats of Nars Desperado. Finally, I applied Seche Vite as a top coat.

My only word of warning with this polish is that it can apply a bit patchy. I initially applied two coats and was going to stop when I realized the polish hadn't applied as evenly as I thought it had. Again, I am not a manicurist, but I am not a fan of polish that looks deep and rich on one part of my nail and thin on other sections of my nail. Not cool. So, be sure to apply several thin coats instead of thicker coats since the polish seems to apply unevenly and patchy if applied too thickly. Enjoy!

Nars Desperado - 3 Coats
Nars Desperado - 3 Coats
Nars Desperado - 3 Coats
Nars Desperado - 3 Coats

3 comments:

  1. Looks like liquid gold on your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOL!!! I HAVE TO GET THIS ONE! i just read this post and i'm not kidding...i'm headed to Sephora NOW!!! I love this color!!! i haven't seen anything like it. Thank you so much for your post. I wasn't even this into nail polish until you started doing a "nail of the day" series...thank you! Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I am a big fan!!! I think it's really different and very interesting!

    ReplyDelete