Friday, January 14, 2011

Purple and Lime Smokey Eye Tutorial

I was feeling in a bright and cheery mood today. I decided to do a purple smokey eye with a bright lime color underneath the eye to add interest. I am kind of sick of doing the same makeup over and over. I know we can all fall into ruts, so I decided to do something really fun and exciting. I hope you all enjoy!


Products Used:
Face:
  • Chanel Teint Innocence in Beige 40
  • Chanel Double Perfection Powder in Tender Bisque 70
  • Chanel Espiégle Blush 65
  • Bobbi Brown Cream Concealer in Sand with Pale Yellow Powder [Kit]
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque
  • Make Up For Ever 5 Camouflage Palette [Medium]
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
  • Mac Mega Metal Eyeshadow in Noir Plum
  • Urban Decay Black Palette - Jet
  • Urban Decay Book of Shadows III - Psychedelic Sister and Bordello
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette - Virgin
  • Mac Shadestick in Lucky Jade
  • Mac Eyeshadow in Bitter
  • Laura Mercier Brow Pencil in Brunette
  • Clinique Cream Liner in True Black
  • Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara in Black
  • Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner
  • #73 Lashes from Sassi - Sassi Glue
Lips:
  • Mac Kissable Lip Color in Super

2 comments:

  1. oooh guurl,

    Those lashes are a hot mess.
    I hope that you didn't go out with those!

    Here are some tips:
    1. Curl your lashes. You want your natural lash and the falsies to blend.

    2. Apply a coat of mascara to the blended lashes. It will help fuse the false lashes to your natural ones... making the falsies look less obvious (even if you choose over the top ones like the ones you are wearing above)

    3. Make sure that you don't have an obvious gap between your eyeliner and the lash band. Apply eyeliner twice if you need to. This will also help disguise the band (which is really obvious in your photos)

    and, the most important tip of all:

    4. TRIM YOUR FALSE LASHES TO FIT YOUR EYELID!!
    The lashes you are wearing are WAY TOO big for you and that is why they are sticking up at such odd angles in the corners. Don't be afraid to bust out the scissors! One size does not fit all!

    On a more positive note, you have good lashes-- you don't really need these. The skin looks bangin', too.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I will admit I was struggling with these lashes when I applied them! I am not a perfect lash applicator but these tips were very helpful! I can see now what you mean about trimming! I know, I know, shouldn't I know these things? Not always. It takes a helpful and honest friend to point out some easy tips! I appreciate them!

    As for going out...No. I didn't not go out with this look. I apply a lot of my makeup just for fun. Thank you for your tips!!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete