Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nail of the Day - OPI's Don't Mess with OPI and Comparison of OPI's Jade is the New Black

Well, the first of my many orders just arrived and it was the OPI's Texas Collection filled with gorgeous colors! Here is the first of several - OPI's Don't Mess with OPI! What do you think? Isn't it gorgeous? In case its reminiscent of something extremely familiar, then maybe you remember OPI's Hong Kong Collection from last summer in which OPI released Jade is the New Black. Well, just to show you the difference in color, I went ahead and painted my pinky with OPI's Jade is the New Black and the rest of my fingers with OPI's Don't Mess with OPI. What are you thoughts? Are these colors too close to purchase both? I personally notice a difference between the two colors, but I can see how it could be too subtle a difference to be worth the extra $8.50.

I applied OPI's Nail Envy as a base coast, two coats of OPI's Don't Mess with OPI and finally applied Sehce Vite as a topcoat.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I think these are close enough for me to skip the "dont mess with opi" Thats my opinion. Did you get Big Hair..Big Nails from the collection? I'm very interested in that one, and wonder if I own any dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are extremely close in color. I didn't get Big Hair...Big Nails. I ended up choose Do you think I'm Texy? instead. I didn't think Big Hair, Big Nails because it was more red than Do you Think I'm Texy? I wonder if there are any dupes too. It's a jelly, right? It should be interesting to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have depicted extremely similar! Lovely color(s) nevertheless! =)

    ReplyDelete