Monday, February 7, 2011

Nail of the DaY - Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe

This color has completely and totally captivated my heart. It's a deep black/blue base with blue and green glitter shot through the nail polish. It really does make a nail polish enthusiast think of its exact name upon application - across the universe. Ahhh, how lovely. When I first say this color in the bottle while at Nordstrom I was completely in shock. What a unique color! This is my first Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish and I must say...I think it's gorgeous. It's by far my favorite color in my collection. I know the $18.00 price tag is hard to swallow, but oh man, I'd trade in two of my OPI's and one cheapy nail polish for this beautiful polish any day of the week. I'm in love.

I am not going to lie, I couldn't buy just one color when looking at the display, I also managed to get my hands on Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance, which is also a glitter polish. It's a deep black base with a magenta-purple glitter shot through the polish. Just lovely as well. However, Bad Romance doesn't even come close to making me swoon like Across the Universe. This is my new holy grail polish.

I applied OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat and only TWO coats of Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe to achieve this stunning result. (This is really unusual for glitter polishes, people!) Finally, I applied Seche Vite as a topcoat. Am I the only one hearing the words to Stevie Wonder's Isn't She Lovely right now? hahahaha. Ghaw, forget Valentines Day, all I need is this nail polish. hahaha.

Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe - 2 Coats
Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe - 2 Coats
Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe - 2 Coats - Without Flash
Deborah Lippmann's Across the Universe - 2 Coats (Sorry for the fingerprints! I tried to keep the bottle clean, but I love leaving my mark!) hahaha.

3 comments:

  1. This polish is amazing! I bought Bad Romance a while back and I was torn between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss! I love them both sooooo much. I think I'm just partial to blue though - that's why I call Across the Universe my Holy Grail Nail Polish! I am actually wearing Bad Romance right now and as I get ready for class I can't help but notice my finger nails in the mirror and smile! I love when something so simple can make a girl feel so special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS COLOR ROCKS!!!! i have to go get this!!! I can not believe how beautiful this looks on your nails! I am so excited about this polish! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THIS!!!! Mercedes

    ReplyDelete