Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Face of the Day - Green Sparkle Eyeliner with Neutral Eyes

One of my favorite things to do with my makeup is take a really pretty neutral makeup look and add something that doesn't belong. Today I decided to wear a pretty neutral smokey brown eye with glitter green eyeliner. As a result, I received several compliments today and it made me believe even more that my "Neutrals + Something Unexpected" makeup philosophy is not only surprising, but welcomed by most. I guess I just don't see the point of owning so many pretty fun colors, if I don't get to use them, even if it happens to be on a day when I'm suppose to be "more professional". I figure in a few months I'll have to stick with "work-safe" makeup on a day-to-day basis, so now is the time to pull out the "crazy glitter eyeliner" while I can still attempt to make it a trend! I don't know if partners at my firm will ever adopt wearing glitter green eyeliner, but here's to hoping! I have a feeling convincing the male partners is going to be kind of tough...haha. Enjoy!


Products Used:
Face:
  • Chanel Teint Innocence in Beige 40
  • Mac Bronze Bronzer
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque
  • Bobbi Brown Concealer in Natural with Pale Yellow Powder
  • Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar
Eyes:
  • Laura Mercier Cotton Eye Basics
  • Mac Soft Brown Eyeshadow (Crease Blended Out)
  • Mac Charcoal Brown Eyeshadow (To deepen crease)
  • Mac Showstopper Eyeshadow (Outer V)
  • Mac Brulé (Lid and Highlight)
  • Mac Undercurrent Pearlglide Eyeliner (Top Lash Line)
  • Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Liner
  • Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
  • Mac Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe
Lips:
  • Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Flash 756

No comments:

Post a Comment