Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Re-enactment of the Orange Lip

I love the Pixwoo sisters, Nic and Sam. I equally adore Tanya Burr, the Pixwoo sisters' brother's girlfriend and soon to be jewelry designer extraordinaire. (Do I need to draw a family tree?) Anyway, Tanya Burr's YouTube channel is appropriately named pixi2woo. I decided to recreate the orange lip tutorial she posted a few weeks ago.

Tanya Burr's video:

Tanya Burr's Orange lips with Mac's Morange Lipstick:

My Orange Lips with Mac's So Chaud:

Products Used:

Face
  • Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer
  • Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand
  • Mac Select Moisture Cover Concealer in NW 25
  • Mac Translucent Powder to set concealer
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay's Naked Palette Smog
  • Clinique Gel Liner in Black
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero (water line)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Bourbon (under eye)
  • Make Up Forever Smokey Lash in Black
  • Mac Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering   
Cheeks:
  • Nars Blush in Exhibit A
  • Mac Blush in Blunt for Contouring
  • Laura Mercier Mosaic Shimmer Block in Peach Shimmer - as highlight
Lips:
  • Mac Lip Pencil in Redd
  • Mac Lipstick in So Chaud
Let me know what you think. I know the lighting is quite stark. I didn't edit the photo at all, it just showed up that way in my poorly lit bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment