Monday, February 14, 2011

OPI's Pirate of the Caribbean Spring Brights Collection 2011

Disne'ys New Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides movie (there are like 4 of them now or something!) is going to be released this May 2011 and OPI has teamed up with Disney's Pirates of the Caribeean team for it's next Spring 2011 collection. The entire collection is filled with was pretty and somewhat predictable pastels. Ok, we've all seen in some variation before. (I know, I sound bummed, because I am!)

Small Rant: I have to admit, I love pastels, but c'mon. I am ready for some bright colors with something new. I can name like five collections off the top of my head that have marketed pastels this past year - OPI's Shrek Ever After, China Glaze's Up and Away, Essie's French Affair, Sephora's Hello Kitty Nail Polish Collection, and Orly's Sweet Collection. (AND I guarantee you, there are more!)

Ok, moving on. I will admit, I like the Planks A Lot (the purple), Mermaid's Tears (the green) and the Silver Shatter polish concept (OPI's new Silver Shatter is part of this collection) - but that's probably because they are the only colors that speak to me, however I will admit I probably have something extremely similar already in my collection. So, if you didn't partake in any of the collections I listed above, this collection might be exciting for you. But...not going to lie, I was hoping for more!

Source: OPI's Facebook Fan Page
The Colors in this collection include:
  • Skull & Glossbones - Best light gray ever, no bones about it. 
  • Mermaid’s Tears - Few have seen this magical green. 
  • Steady as She Rose - This gorgeous pink is your final destination. 
  • Planks a Lot - Dive into style with this lustworthy purple! 
  • Sparrow Me the Drama - This cool, collected pink means business! 
  • Stranger Tides - Explore this uncharted sea of sage. 
  • Silver Shatter - A shimmering sea of silver with a two-texture finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment