Monday, May 16, 2011

Nail of the Day - OPI Mermaid's Tears and OPI Silver Shatter

This is OPI's Mermaid's Tears and OPI Silver Shatter from the OPI's Pirate's of the Caribbean Collection. For details on the collection, please go here. As you can see, OPI Mermaid's Tears is a muted sea foam green. It's actually an extremely pretty color on the nails and the only lacquer from the entire collection, other than the Silver Shatter, that I purchased in a full size bottle. I also purchased the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean mini set which includes, Skull and Cross Bones, Planks a Lot, Sparrow Me the Drama and Stranger Tides. The only lacquer from the collection I didn't purchase was Steady as She Rose (which I think is going to be the most popular, but my least favorite of all the lacquers.) To be honest, I feel like Steady as She Rose (a light muted pink) is so much like a ton of the other colors being released right now. I found the other colors in the collect a lot more interesting, especially OPI Mermaid's Tears.

To apply OPI Mermaid's Tears, I applied OPI Nail Envy in Matte as a basecoat (I went back to OPI Nail Envy because my nails are in such disarray after battling law school finals), two coats of OPI Mermaid's Tears, and Seche Vite as a top coat. For the OPI Silver Shatter Polish, I applied the polish on top of the Mermaid's Tears with Seche Vite as a top coat for this result. I had no problem getting the polish to shatter even though I had painted a top coat on OPI Mermaid's Tears (the sales lady told me she had trouble making the polish shatter when she painted a top coat, I didn't experience this.) I didn't paint a top coat over the OPI Silver Shatter so you all could see the finish. It's not matte, because the Silver Shatter polish is obviously sparkley, but I would highly recommend painting a top coat. The Silver Shatter feels a bit rough and gritty, a top coat makes the polish smooth.
OPI Mermaid's Tears and OPI Silver Shatter - Two Coats with Flash
OPI Mermaid's Tears and OPI Silver Shatter - Two Coats with Flash
OPI Mermaid's Tears and OPI Silver Shatter - Two Coats with Flash
OPI Mermaid's Tears and OPI Silver Shatter - Two Coats NO Flash
OPI Mermaid's Tears and OPI Silver Shatter - Two Coats NO Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment