Thursday, February 10, 2011

Butter London Spring 2011 Collection - Butter London Dosh and Butter London Blagger

Butter London's Spring Collection arrived late on my doorstep. To celebrate it's release and because I only purchased two of the polishes from the Spring 2011 Collection, I decided to paint each hand and show you what the wonderful colors: Dosh and Blagger looked like! As you can see, Butter London's Blagger is a royal blue cream. It applies like a dream and applies evenly and opaque on the first coat. However, I decided to apply a second coat just in case the flash happened to show any patchiness. This is one of my new favorite colors and is really fun and reminds me a little bit of American Apparel's Mount Royal. However, American Apparel's Mount Royal has a lot more purple and gray in it than Butter London's Blagger, which is a vibrant royal blue. Just lovely.

Butter London's Dosh is a lovely shimmer lime green. It's a bright, get-you-noticed type of polish that really shines in the light. I applied two coats of this polish and was tempted to apply a third, but decided not to since it looked rather opaque with just two coats. I'd imagine this would be a great summer color and one to rock later in the Spring season. At this point, it's still snowing in the city I live in and lime green is a bit of shocker on the nails. (The again, so is bright orange and I still wear it!) To that I say...wear what makes you feel good about yourself! If bright green warms up your disposition, then do it! hahaha.

Each polish was applied with OPI's Nail Envy as a base coat, two coats of each polish was applied and a coat of Seche Vite was applied as a top coat. Enjoy!

Butter London's Blagger two coats - without flash
Butter London's Blagger two coats - with flash
Butter London's Blagger two coats - without flash
Butter London's Dosh two coats - with flash
Butter London's Dosh two coats - with flash
Butter London's Dosh two coats - without flash

No comments:

Post a Comment