Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lip Combo Review - Covergirl Divine Lipstick and Revlon Orchid Lipgloss

I have heard a lot of good reviews of Revlon lip products lately, so when I was at the store this afternoon I decided to pick up a Revlon lipgloss. While there, I found this lovely lipstick by CoverGirl. I decided I should do a lip combo with the two colors and review them each for you.

I ended up buying Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Orchid and CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Divine. These colors are both great for creating a nice cool-toned pink lipstick combination. I love the Revlon Colorburst because it's a fairly nude gloss with a light gold shimmer which just enhances the lips without making them look overly glossed. I also like how the Revlon Colorburst Lip Glosses are not sticky or gummy. They are really smooth on the lips. My only negative on this product has to do with packaging. I really dislike the applicator on the Revlon Colorburst Lip Glosses, I find it very difficult to apply the product. I also dislike the scent.

I really love the smooth and creamy texture of the CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks, however the creaminess does take away from lasting power. Additionally, I dislike the scent of the lipstick because it does not cover up the play-dough-like smell of the product. I also wish the tip of the CoverGirl Lip Perfection's bullet or applicator was less pointed and more rounded for easier application upon first use.

Please also note, CoverGirl's Lip Perfection Lipstick in Divine is a close dupe for Mac's Up the Amp and a little less pink than Mac's Peacocky! Yay!!!!

I hope you find this review helpful! Enjoy!

CoverGirl Divine + Revlon Orchid
CoverGirl Divine + Revlon Orchid

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your post. Very informative :) I was wondering if the CG Divine was a dupe for Up the amp and Thank you for posting ...

    ReplyDelete