Monday, February 21, 2011

Nail of the Day - China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze and Sephora's Hello Kitty Blueberry

I decided to pair China Glaze's Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze with a light blue. My favorite light blue pastel polish is Sephora's Hello Kitty Blueberry cream polish. I think the contrast of light blue and light pink is not only interesting on the nails, but reminds us all of the social norms associated with each color - girls like light pink, boys like light blue. As strange as this social norm may seem to us as adults, the fact of the matter is we often associate certain colors with certain genders. Since China Glaze's Crackle Polish in light pink is entitled Broken Hearted, I thought it was a bit poetic to pair the lacquer with a light blue polish. It is boys who break girls' hearts, isn't it? hahaha.

I applied Seche Base as a base coat and two coats of Sephora's Hello Kitty Blueberry, then I applied one coat of China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze for this result. Enjoy!
Sephora's Hello Kitty Blueberry Nail Polish
Sephora Hello Kitty Blueberry Two Coats, China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze One Coat
Sephora Hello Kitty Blueberry Two Coats, China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze One Coat
Sephora Hello Kitty Blueberry Two Coats, China Glaze Broken Hearted Crackle Glaze One Coat

3 comments:

  1. ughhh! so gorgeous!! I really want to get my hands on these but the etailers are sold out now :( where did you get yours? Also which do you like better CG crackle or OPI black shatter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought mine through a retailer called Nail 4 U on Amazon.com, however they are now sold out it appears. I bought the entire collection for $24. However, there is a retailer who has the entire set for $32 - http://www.amazon.com/China-Glaze-Crackle-Shatter-bottle/dp/B004MKHYQM/ref=pd_bxgy_bt_img_a

    I prefer the China Glaze Crackle polishes. They apply a lot smoother in my opinion and don't dry as quickly so they are easier to apply. I hope you find the ones you want online! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh thanks! I'm gonna check out the link :)

    ReplyDelete