Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nail of the Day - Essie Topless and Barefoot

Please excuse my thumb nail, I broke it while trying to open the packaging to a book I ordered from Amazon...yeah. I had to file it down in a kind of funky way, so it's looking a little messed up right now.

This is Essie's Topless and Barefoot from their new French Affair Collection. I purchased the four-pack of colors, which includes Essie French Affair (pastel pink), Essie Topless and Barefoot, Essie Nice is Nice (pastel purple) and Essie Coat Azure (pastel blue). As you can see, Essie Topless and Barefoot is a light tan brown (if you can even call it that) cream polish. It applied nicely to the nails, like all Essie nail lacquers. I found out just the other day that Essie polishes are made for natural nails, whereas OPI is marketed toward those in the nail industry who paint on acrylic nails. So, I'd assume Essie polishes are expected to last longer on natural nails than acrylic nails. Either way, I wasn't super impressed by this color at first, but it's really starting to grow on me. I am not a huge pastel fan, but this collection is starting to make me reconsider my skepticism.

I applied Seche Base as a base coat, three coats of Barefoot and Topless (it was a bit sheer on the second coat), and Seche Vite as a top coat. Enjoy!

Three Coats Essie Topless and Barefoot with Flash
Three Coats Essie Topless and Barefoot with Flash
Three Coats Essie Topless and Barefoot with Flash
Three Coats Essie Topless and Barefoot with Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment