Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Another Nail of the Day - China Glaze Black Mesh with Essie Forever Young

I really wanted to pair China Glaze Black Mesh Crackle Glaze with a color that would really make it stand out. I decided on Essie Forever Young because it's such a beautiful deep red on the fingers. I applied Seche Base as a base coat, and then two coats of Essie Forever Young which is a deep rich red cream. I then applied one coat of China Glaze Black Mesh. I decided to apply a top coat (Seche Vite) to give the nails a real shine. I left my pinky without a top coat so you all could see what China Glaze's Black Mesh looks like without a top coat. It dries matte like all the other polishes in the China Glaze Crackle Collection and like OPI's Black Shatter.

I have been asked by many people whether I prefer OPI's Black Shatter or China Glaze Black Mesh. I honestly think China Glaze Crackle Collection has a much better formula than OPI's Black Shatter formula. I think OPI's Black Shatter dries too quickly to get an even coat of the polish on making the polish apply chunky. I find it much easier to work with the China Glaze Crackle Collection as a whole. However, I think OPI's Black Shatter lacquer creates a bit more unique of designs on the actual nail. What do you think? I've included a photo of OPI's Black Shatter on American Apparel's Mac Arthur Park for you to compare the two black polishes in each collection.
Essie Forever Young - Two Coats with Flash
Essie Forever Young - Two Coats, China Glaze Black Mesh with Top Coat and Flash
American Apparel's Mac Arthur Park - Two Coats, OPI's Black Shatter One Coat with Flash - No Top Coat
Essie Forever Young - Two Coats, China Glaze Black Mesh - One Coat with Top Coat and Flash
Essie Forever Young - Two Coats, China Glaze Black Mesh - One Coat with Top Coat and Flash
Essie Forever Young - Two Coats, China Glaze Black Mesh - One Coat with Top Coat and Flash

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the nail polish. Question, I feel like we are between winter and spring...when is it safe to put up the dark colors and start wearing the bright pinks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the China Glaze with the top coat...I like the extra shine the top coat gives is and I prefer a little more of the under coming through. Mercedes

    ReplyDelete