Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pretty Cheeks - Loving Tarte's 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blush in Blissful!

Wow. When I saw these at Sephora, I'll admit...I was skeptical. I love Tarte's lip stains and cheek stains, but their eye shadows haven't convinced me yet that they know how to make amazing powder products. I was so wrong to ever doubt them!

Like most Tarte Products, the Tarte 12-Hour Amazonian Clay Long-Wear Blushes are awesome for your skin. They are made from natural clay, which claims to have 12-hour lasting power. My experience wasn't 12-hour lasting power, but more around six-to-seven hours of wear. (which I think is pretty good considering it's the middle of winter where I am and scarves and hats are requires and frequently rubbing up against my cheeks when it comes to bundling.) I'd imagine in the winter or even spring, this blush would hold up really nicely on the skin!

Tarte also claims that their new blushes work great for oily skin because the clay in the product reduces the amount of oil buildup on the skin. I don't have oily skin, so I can't really comment on this. I would be interested if any of our readers with oily skin noticed a difference!

It's also important to note that Tarte's products are paraben free, sulfate free, contain no synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phtalates, GMOs or Triclosan. (Yeah, you'd probably need a dermatologist to tell you what all that stuff is! But it can't be good stuff!) On the topic of skin, this blush also includes ingredients that help your skin like, Vitamin A, C, and E! Wooo! I love when products are kind to my sensitive skin! (And by the way, no problems for me and I do have sensitive skin prone to allergic reactions!)

Overall, I really love this blush. It hasn't replaced my love for Nars Blushes, but it has made me consider picking up a few more of these Tarte ones. I love products that are nice to my skin and help it, not hurt it. There is something extremely rewarding about being kind to my skin. Let me know if you have any other questions! Again, I highly recommend this blush!

Tarte's 12-Hour Long-Wear Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful
Tarte's 12-Hour Long-Wear Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful
Tarte's 12-Hour Long-Wear Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful
Tarte's 12-Hour Long-Wear Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful - With Flash
Tarte's 12-Hour Long-Wear Amazonian Clay Blush in Blissful - On Cheeks with Flash

1 comment:

  1. I am DYING to try one of these, but I can't justify spending $25 on a blush right now... This color looks so pretty! Tarte needs to have a sale, pronto!

    ReplyDelete