Friday, April 15, 2011

Pink for Warm Skin Tones Makeup Tutorial

I really wanted to to do a tutorial using pinks for those with warm undertones. I have warm undertones and I find it very difficult to wear pink shades, so this is my take on how to make pink wearable for those with warm undertones. This look coincidentally is also a very summer trend look. The eyes are very neutral and "beachy" while the lips fit the bright colored lips that were seen on the runway this Spring! My best advice for picking the perfect pink lipstick is to look for one with yellow or gold undertones because it works best with warm skin tones. The shade I chose is a limited edition shade from Mac called Something New, however in the video I offer several alternative shades in case you didn't get your hands on Something New when it was released this past January with the Stylishly Yours Collection. I hope this is helpful and you all enjoy it!




Products Used:
Face:
  • Nars Sheer Glow - Punjab
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector - Light to Medium Bisque
  • Bobbi Brown Concealer  - Natural with Pale Yellow Powder
  • Mac Refined Golden
  • Mac Cream Color Base in Virgin Isle
  • Mac Luster Drops in Sun Rush
Eyes:
  • Mac Rubenesque Paint Pot
  • Mac Paradisco Eyeshadow
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette - Buck Eyeshadow
  • Mac Sushi Flower Eyeshadow
  • Mac Brulé Eyeshadow
  • Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner
  • Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers
  • Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
  • Laura Mercier Brow Pencil - Brunette
  • Mac Clear Brow Gel
Lips:
  • Mac Something New Lipstick
  • NYX 835 Pinky
  • Mac Lipglass Revealing

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this lipstick on you. I've never heard of the name. Is it a limited addition color? And thank you for your kind comment. That made my day. I have been too stressed & busy to blog. I'm nervous for finals, they are coming up. Good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely look. That lipcolour suits your skintone beautifully.

    ReplyDelete