Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nail of the Day - Zoya Caitlin

I finally received my Zoya Spring Collection from the International Women's Day Promotion Zoya ran a few weeks ago! I decided a nail of the day with each of my new colors from the collection would be pretty fun! I started with Zoya Caitlin a deep purple gray cream. This lacquer is absolutely stunning and one of my favorite of the entire collection - although I have to admit I love all the colors very much (guess I'm a little bias.) My only issue with this lacquer which you will notice immediately in the photos has to do with my top coat. As you can see, some of the nails in the photos have black dots sprawled across the nails - this is not part of the Caitlin polish but an issue I was having with my top coat. I am thinking I painted my top coat too quickly over Rescue Beauty Lounge's Iconoclast before it was dry and accidentally infected my top coat with nasty black chunks of dried paint. Awesome. :( Needless to say, Caitlin does not have black chunks - it is a deep purple gray cream and lovely even without a top coat.  (I have since cleaned my top coat brush and removed the remaining bits of Rescue Beauty Lounge Iconoclast - sorry for the inconvenience.)

I applied two coats of Zoya Caitlin, over Seche Base base coat and then I applied Seche Vite (infected with Rescue Beauty Lounge Iconoclast) as a top coat. Enjoy!

Zoya Caitlin Two Coats with Flash
Zoya Caitlin Two Coats with Flash
Zoya Caitlin Two Coats NO Flash

1 comment:

  1. That happened to me with a black polish recently too. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete