Thursday, March 31, 2011

Nail of the Day - Zoya Danni

It's weird how the lighting can so greatly effect the color of a nail polish. I will show you with an example below. I always try to provide my readers with a photos of the lacquer with the flash and without. I always take my photos in front of photo lighting, but sometimes the color variation can range a great deal based on when I use the flash. I painted my nails today with Zoya's Danni from the Zoya Spring 2011 Collection. This is a beautiful muted magenta pink with a slight gold shimmer. I was not too impressed with the look of this polish in the bottle, but on the fingers it's really gorgeous. It's hard to tell in the photos due to the flash, but the lacquer has the most gorgeous antique gold shimmer shot through the magenta polish for a glowing and elegant look on the fingers. I find this polish extremely unique even if it looks just eh in the bottle!

I applied Seche Base as a base coat, two coats of Zoya Dannie and Seche Vite as a top coat. Now check out the strange variation in color of lacquer based on whether I used the flash on my camera or not. (The photos taken with the flash are the most accurate depiction of the actual nail lacquer.)

Zoya Danni - Two Coats WITH Flash
Zoya Danni - Two Coats NO Flash
Zoya Danni - Two Coats WITH Flash
Zoya Danni - Two Coats NO Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment