Monday, April 18, 2011

Nail of the Day - Chanel Mimosa

I finally received my new Chanel Mimosa nail lacquer in the mail! Yay!!! As my readers, I know you have heard me say it a bunch of times, but "yellow" is the new trend for nail lacquer this summer! If you don't have a yellow nail polish, you need one! TRUST ME! If you're looking for an ultra chic, yet bright and fun polish, I highly recommend Chanel Mimosa!

Chanel Mimosa is a bright true-yellow lacquer with light golden-yellow sparkle shot through it. Although it's hard to see the slight shimmer in the polish in the photos below, the shimmer is just the right amount of subtle shimmer to make the polish shine and look like something more than just a flat yellow polish. I was pleasantly surprised how well this polish lasted on my fingers without chipping. However, this polish can be a bit patchy, it requires even coats and at least two to look even. So, keep that in mind before applying. Patience will be your greatest ally when applying Chanel Mimosa. If you're looking for a bright, fun summer lacquer and you're willing to shell out the $25.00 for a single lacquer, then try Chanel's Mimosa! Wearing it around the past few days has really put me in a summer-sunshine chipper mood!  Hopefully it will do the same for you! :)

To apply this lacquer, I applied Seche Base as a base coat, two coats of Chanel Mimosa and Seche Vite as a top coat! As for the photos, you can see the color looks different in the three photos below based on when it's taken with the flash or without. The photos taken with the flash are the most true to color photos. Enjoy!
Chanel Mimosa - Two Coats with Flash
Chanel Mimosa - Two Coats with Flash
Chanel Mimosa - Two Coats NO Flash

2 comments:

  1. OMG! You got it! This is the first time I've seen a swatch of it. It looks beautiful on you! I have so many yellows but it does look unique nonetheless. I'm so torn as to whether or not I should get it :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wish I could say it's like a yellow polish I own, but it's not really close to any. It's a true yellow polish. The closest thing I have to it is China Glaze Happy Go Lucky and even that isn't quite the same because it's a flat yellow, whereas Chanel Mimosa has a slight shimmer. (Hard to see in the photos!) I really like it. I don't want to over-hype it, but if given the option I'd re-purchase it. It's unique enough to my collection to be worth the $25. Then again, I love nail polish and Chanel, so I am a little bias! :)

    ReplyDelete