Monday, April 18, 2011

Kim Kardashian Smokey Eye Inspired Makeup Tutorial

A friend of mine sent me this photo as reference for her makeup for my school's Barrister's ball. I did her makeup but forgot to take some good photos of her, so I decided to re-do the look with my face. I know I don't look anything like Kim Kardashian, but I wanted to give the full effect by posing in a similar way. I think Kim Kardashian's smokey eyes are iconic and so bold in these two photos. I decided to create a combination of the two looks. I decided instead of going to heavy on the eyeliner like in the first photo, I would bring the eyeshadow out a bit in a cat-eye effect like the second photo. These photos are the result. Enjoy!

Note: Kim Kardashian is wearing a gloss on her lips. Try a light pink opaque gloss.
NOTE: In this photo Kim Kardashian is wearing white eyeliner in the waterline. You can achieve this with Mac Feline Eye Kohl for this look.
 



Products Used:
Face
  • Chanel Teint Innocence in Beige 40
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque
  • Bobbi Brown Concealer in Natural 
  • Bare Minerals Well Rested
  • Bare Minerals Faux Tan
  • Benefit Sugar Bomb
  • Nars Cococabana Multiple
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Mac Soba Eyeshadow
  • Mac Charcoal Brown Eyeshadow
  • Mac Show Stopper Eyeshadow
  • Mac Carbon Eyeshadow
  • Mac Shroom Eyeshadow
  • Clinique Cream Liner in True Black
  • Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Liner
  • Sassi Lashes (Unknown #)
  • Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash
  • Laura Mercier Brow Pencil in Taupe
Lips:
  • Mac Boldly Bare Lip Liner
  • Mac Bare Again Supreme Sheen Lipstick
  • Mac Chatterbox Lipstick


    No comments:

    Post a Comment