Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sleek Palette Divine - Chaos Palette Review

Ok, when I first saw this palette I was intrigued. I have been looking for a drugstore palette with bright matte shades. It seems all the drugstore items I try are either really poor quality or really shimmery. From what I understand, it's a bit difficult to make quality matte shades that aren't chalky. Well, as much as I wish I could rave about Sleek's i-Divine Chaos Palette because it is a palette that includes all matte bright shades, I was a little bit disappointed because a few of the shades were a bit chalky and two lacked pigmentation. However, of 12 eye shadows priced at $10 for the entire palette, only two misses is pretty good.

Value versus Pigmentation/Chalkiness
Overall, I think the Sleek i-Divine Chaos Palette is a great value for your money! It's only $10 and includes 12 shades, ten of which are highly pigmented. However, I wouldn't recommend this palette if you are buying it for the yellow or white shade. Both shades are not very pigmented and are pretty chalky. If you are buying this palette for an affordable alternative to Mac and you don't mind waiting on paying a little extra for shipping and waiting a little longer for your package to arrive from the UK, then this might be the palette for you.

Packaging, Delivery and Costs!
Each eyeshadow is about the size of nickel, includes a mirror and cheapy double-ended sponge applicator and the entire palette is about the size of a check book (assuming we all remember what checks are! ha!) I can't see the packaging being super protective of it's delicate contents because it's made of pretty cheapy-feeling plastic. So, my word of warning - don't drop these palettes on tile or wood floors, you'll be sad! Even though in the photos below you will see my black in the Chaos palette is a bit broken, this was the only shade of the entire 6 palettes I purchased that had a broken shadow! Pretty good packaging if you ask me! The cost of shipping was $13.50, which might sound scary at first, but if you're buying 6 palettes - it's not that much. I also had a nice 50% off discount code which meant I would have paid a grand total of $43.50, but in fact, I split the cost of shipping with a friend, so my real grand total was $37.25 for six palettes and 72 eyeshadows! Whoa! Not even $40! I don't know when and if Sleek will be doing another 50% off discount, but if they do, I will be sure to let you all know! :)

My Two Cents: If you can find someone to split shipping costs with you, I think these palettes are well worth it. I even think these palettes are worth it if you pay full price for shipping because they were so affordable and good quality overall ($10 for 12 eyeshadows is a really good deal!). I wouldn't say they are as high quality as Mac eye shadows, but I'd say they are pretty darn close and a heck of a lot cheaper! If you are on a budget and you want fun, bright, exciting colors, but you don't want to pay $14.50 a piece (Mac prices) for them, then check out Sleek! :)

Photo with Flash
Photo with Flash
Photo with Flash
Photo - NO Flash
Photo with Flash
Photo with Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment