Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nail of the Day - OPI Rally Pink and OPI Red Shatter: Serena Williams Set

OPI Rally Pink is a vibrant purple-pink base with gold glitter shot through it. It reminds me a ton of Zoya Faye. However, OPI's Rally Pink is a bit more pink of a base with gold glitter than Zoya's Faye, which is more of a purple base with gold glitter. However, the two nail lacquers are very similar. I've attached a photo of Zoya Faye for you all to view at the bottom of this post (when my nails were less ravaged and longer!)

As for OPI's Red Shatter. I applied a rather sheer coat on the left hand and a thicker coat on my right. As you can see, the sheerer the coat, the less "shatter" you get. I like the OPI Red Shatter more opaque than sheer, like it it is on my right hand, versus on my left. However, I don't really understand OPI Rally Pink and OPI Red Shatter together. They two colors, in  my opinion, don't really go together, so I am a little baffled why they are sold together. In the future, I will do a post with all the OPI Shatter Polishes alone for you to view how they look on the nails in comparison to the China Glaze Crackle polishes. (OPI's Black Shatter, Silver Shatter, Red Shatter, White Shatters (Coming Soon) VERSUS China Glaze Black Mesh, Fault Line, Lightening Bolt, Broken Hearted, Concrete, Crushed Candy.)

To apply these two lacquers, I applied two coats of OPI Nail Envy Matte as a base coat, two coats of OPI Rally Pink, and one coat of OPI Red Shatter. Finally, I added Seche Vite as a top coat on all the nails, including the Shatter Nail. I hope you all enjoy!

OPI Rally Pink (Two Coats) and OPI Red Shatter (One Coat) with Flash
OPI Rally Pink (Two Coats) and OPI Red Shatter (One Coat) with Flash
OPI Rally Pink (Two Coats) and OPI Red Shatter (One Coat) with Flash
OPI Rally Pink (Two Coats) and OPI Red Shatter (One Coat) with Flash
OPI Rally Pink (Two Coats) and OPI Red Shatter (One Coat) with Flash (Right Hand where OPI Red Shatter Worked Better)
OPI Rally Pink (Two Coats) and OPI Red Shatter (One Coat) NO Flash
Zoya Faye - Two Coats with Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment