Friday, February 11, 2011

Mac Wonder Woman Wearable Spitfire and Athena's Kiss Lips Makeup Tutorial!

So, you want to wear Mac's Spitfire but you don't know how to wear it and not look overdone? Well, the very virtue of Mac's Spitfire is that your lips will get noticed. However, this shouldn't deter anyone from wearing it. Why? Because it's an amazing color! I paired it here with a soft shimmery eye with heavy dark eyeliner. I purposely wanted my eyes to stand out, but I didn't want them to fight with my lips. Nobody wants a battle of color on their face! I decided to go with a neutral eye, dark defined eyes, and bright lips.

The most important part of this look that often gets overlooked when doing makeup is SKIN. Since my eye makeup was pretty minimal and my lips were so noticeable, I decided to really play up my skin by adding Mac's Strobe Cream to my foundation. What this does is add a nice sheen to your foundation - which gives the appearance of extremely healthy, glowing skin without over added sparkle of a highlight. Just like 1950's pin up girls sported matte, seemingly flawless skin, anyone who is going to strut a bold lip wants to make sure she plays up her glowing complexion to really sell the lips and eyes. I find this look very wearable. Not necessarily work appropriate, but I would sport it during the day. What are your thoughts?




Products Used:
Face
  • Mac Strobe Cream
  • Nars Sheer Glow - Punjab
  • Mac Mighty Aphrodite
  • BareMinerals Faux Tan
  • Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer - Sand + Pale Yellow Powder
  • Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector - Light to Medium Bisque
Eyes:
  • Mac Rapidblack Eyeliner
  • Mac Valiant Palette
    • Mac Manilla Paper
    • Mac Transformation
  • Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner
  • Dior Diorshow Iconic Mascara
  • Mac Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe
Lips:
  • Mac Spitfire Lipstick
  • Mac Athena's Kiss Lipglass

No comments:

Post a Comment