Saturday, February 19, 2011

Nail of the Day - Milani Gems

I purchased Milani Gems because I really liked Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday, but I couldn't justify the price of the polish in comparison to so many other alternative multi-colored glittered polishes. Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday is $16 per bottle and Milani Gems is $4.00 per bottle. As you can see, Milani Gems is a clear coat filled with multi-colored glitter. I will admit, the glitter is not the smoothest thing on the nails. It requires a thick base coat to keep from feeling scratchy on the fingers. However, the effect of the glitter is really amazing! I found it particularly difficult to photograph Milani Gems because of the glitter's reflective properties.

I applied OPI's Original Nail Envy as a base coat, three coats of Milani Gems, and a super thick coat of Seche Vite. I literally stood steal letting my hands dry hoping not to ruin my awesome glitter nails. I hope you all enjoy!


Milani Gems - Three Coats No Flash
Milani Gems - Three Coats With Flash
Milani Gems - Three Coats No Flash

1 comment:

  1. This is a little crazy for me, but at the same time, i like it! :) Mercedes

    ReplyDelete