Monday, March 7, 2011

To My Loyal Readers..with Love and Concern!

I received an email from a reader who had a very bad experience with MBeautyLounge recently. I am a big believer in telling it like it is - so here goes. The very sweet reader ordered several limited edition nail polishes from MBeautyLounge and waited patiently in her home state of Hawaii. The nail polishes were not arriving after several weeks of waiting. At this point, the reader tracked her package using the order confirmation number on MBeautyLounge's website which stated her order had shipped out on February 11, 2011. However, when this sweet reader contacted the post office with the tracking number that MBeautyLounge provided her, the post office told her the tracking number was not active.

Sad and frustrated, the sweet reader attempted to contact MBeautyLounge. However, MBeautyLounge's website's customer service page was malfunctioning. The electronic form where the reader was meant to submit her complaint was not working and resulted in an error every time she attempted to submit her concerns about her order. Finally, the reader found a place to email MBeautyLounge. She attempted to email their customer service department. No response.

Finally, today on March 7th this reader received her purchase. However, one polish was missing! On her invoice was handwritten "out of stock" with a note saying she'd receive a refund for the missing polish. This reader has yet to receive the refund on her debit card and is extremely frustrated that nobody informed her that one of the polishes she selected was out of stock and that a refund would be issued in it's place. Additionally, the reader is now worried she might not get her money back.

I wanted to share this reader's experience with you all because I know I made the recommendation to use MBeautyLounge for pre-ordering nail polish. Clearly, had I known these issues would take place I never would have made a recommendation to use their company. I have used them several times in the past with no hiccups, however this experience makes me question their integrity as a company and whether I want to continue to support them. In my opinion, customer service is paramount. If someone tells me I will be issued a refund on my debit card, I expect it to happen - immediately. Life is too stressful as it is to be bombarded with bad customer service. For this reason, I wanted to share this experience with you all. I hope all of you will not have similar experiences with any of the company's I recommend in the future. I will do my best to better screen which company's I associate with and recommend.

Much love,

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I live less than 40 miles from MBeauty Lounge and it took weeks, many excuses, and lies on their part, before it was partially resolved. They spell their address wrong, with a a lot of research, it is a UPS Store where they rent a box. They list it as "suite" not "box" which is deceptive in itself. They do get a tracking #, but what they do is never actually drop it a the Post Office. I have pages and pages of documentation that they can't dispute. I got their phone # from Citibank, which to no surprise, they don't answer either. Today on Twitter, they are trying to say that their server has been blocking all of their emails. They were really quick when I threatened to contact the Better Business Bureau (which I did)in fact the tracking number showed that they mailed the package 20 minutes after THAT email.

    You shouldn't feel bad, you're doing a great service calling them out. I suggest that anyone having trouble with them to document everything and contact www.centralohio.bbb.org

    ReplyDelete