Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kim Kardashian Inspired Face of the Day

I went to my school's annual Barrister's Ball this last Friday. This was my first Barrister's Ball and sadly my last. It was held at my city's very large aquarium which made for a lovely evening dancing among sharks, beluga whales and sting rays! Despite the famous nautical backdrop, there was no theme to the festivity so I decided to re-wear my blue dress from the Masquerade Ball I attended a few months ago. Instead of applying the same deep blue smokey eye I featured in my "Masquerade Makeup" Tutorial, I decided to go with something a bit more fun. I opted for an inspired look by Kim Kardashian. I wanted my makeup to be fun and playful since I planned on curling my hair into beachy spirals. I added a bit of purple to the eye to pull in the color of my navy dress. Below are photos of my completed look and the inspiration photo. I hope you all enjoy!


Products Used:
Face:
  • Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer
  • Chanel Teint Innocence in Beige 40
  • Laura Mercier Pressed Mineral Powder in Rich Vanilla
  • Mac Vibrancy Eye Primer
  • Bobbi Brown Cream Concealer in Natural with Pale Yellow Powder
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque
  • Nars Albatross (Highlight)
  • Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar (Cheeks)
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer (Contour)
Eyes:
  • Laura Mercier Brow Pencil in Brunette
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette - Naked (lid) and Buck (crease)
  • Mac Charcoal Brown Eyeshadow (Crease)
  • Mac Satellite Dreams Eyeshadow (Crease)
  • Benefit Bad Gal Waterpoof Liner (Lower Lash Line and Water Line)
  • Clinique Cream Liner in True Black (Top Lash Line)
  • Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers
  • Dior Diorshow Blackout
  • Sassi #503 Lashes
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Lips:
  • NYX #816 Fuschia (All over lips)
  • Mac Girl About Town
  • Mac Athena's Kiss Lip Glass

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog, but have never posted a comment until now. Thank you so much for doing this look! I have loved it since I saw a pic of it a few weeks ago and have wondered how to do it and am excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy I could be of help! I am glad you decided to post a comment! I love seeing new comments from readers! I recommend really sharpening your black eye liner pencil to get the inside corner of your eye and definitely using a waterproof eyeliner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete