Monday, March 28, 2011

Trend Alert - Bright Yellow Nail Polish/Nail of the Day - Zoya Bekka

If you've ever had the desire to wear the color of a highlighter on your finger, now's your chance. This summer's nail lacquer range is anything but traditional. Everyone from Lady Gaga (Deborah Lippman's Yellow Brick Road) to Chanel (Chanel's Mimosa Nail Lacquer) is pushing yellow nails this season. I decided to pick up the non-traditional shade while shopping online at Zoya. I decided to go for the almost-neon bright highlighter grade Zoya Bekka. This polish is sheer and required three coats to get the same opacity as seen in the photos below. I really like this shade because it's not a flat yellow, but has a nice shimmer throughout the neon-yellow lacquer which makes the polish less punk and more chic, in my opinion. I applied Seche Base as a basecoat, three coats of Zoya Bekka, and one coat of Seche Vite as a topcoat. Enjoy!

Zoya Bekka - Three Coats with Flash
Zoya Bekka - Three Coats with Flash
Zoya Bekka - Three Coats NO Flash

2 comments:

  1. Nice! That looks like it may be a dupe for Chanel's Mimosa coming out this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe. I am not sure yet because I have yet to see any swatches of Chanel's Mimosa, but that would be awesome if it was! :)

    ReplyDelete