Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Saturday Night Face of the Day

Last night I went out with my friend shopping and for dinner. I decided to do my makeup really dramatic and fun. I try to embrace the times when I can really play up my makeup. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to film a tutorial, but I wanted to still share my creation. I added the hat last minute to my look because I thought it just kept the entire look playful. The fingernail polish was done a little haphazard last minute, so I thought it was kind of funny that some of my nails were painted with Zoya's Bekka and others were painted with Rescue Beauty Lounge's Iconoclast. I decided to take a photo before I'd completed the "clean up" stage of my manicure - as you can see. haha. Enjoy!


Products Used:
Face:
  • Chanel Teint Innocence in Beige 40
  • Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Sand with Pale Yellow Powder
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque
  • Chanel Espiégle Blush #65
  • Nars Albatross Highlight
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
  • Mac Technakohl Eyeliner in Plum (eyelid as base for Sketch)
  • Mac Sketch Eyeshadow (eyelid)
  • Mac Black Tied Eyeshadow (outer V)
  • Mac Odalisque Eyeshadow (lower lashline)
  • Mac Motorhead Eyeshadow (lower lashline)
  • Mac Brulé Eyeshadow (highlight on brow bone)
  • Mac Ricepaper Eyeshadow (highlight inner corner of eye)
  • Laura Mercier Brow Pencil in Brunette
  • Clinique Cream Liner in Black (top liner and bottom liner)
  • Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers (top lashes)
  • Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara (top lashes)
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara (bottom lashes)
Lips:
  • Buxom Gloss in Dolly

3 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Do you like that bottom lash mascara? I can't find anything that will stay on mine - the one downside to long lashes, I guess, plus the need for mad eye cream. I don't know how it compares to what I was told was also a tubing mascara (Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined). That does not hold its own on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look amazing! Your makeup is dramatic yet still very pretty & wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillie - I do like the bottom lash mascara, however I don't have super long eyelashes or anything so any little bit helps. I have never used Bobbi Brown Perfectly Defined, but I can tell you the mascara wand on Clinique's bottom lash mascara is really what makes it amazing. It's not a particularly amazing mascara, but an amazing wand. You can really get every bit of your tiny little bottom lashes without the fuss or worrying that you might mess up your under eye makeup or poke yourself in the eye.

    ShaGlam - Thank you! I am glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete