Monday, April 25, 2011

Face of the Day - Copper-Reds and Blues

I was really in a copper eyeshadow type of mood this past weekend so I decided to go for a copper-red eye with blue eyeliner and glowing natural skin. I wanted my eyes to have enough copper-red eyeshadow to stand out, but not the bloodshot-tired-punched-in-the-eye makeup that often comes with a red eyeshadow. I realized if I placed blue eyeliner on the top lash line and kept the lower lash line a deep smokey brown, I could wear copper-red without looking overly edgy or tired. I really wanted my makeup to be fun, but wearable. This is what I came up with. I hope you all enjoy!



Products Used:
Face:
  • Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab
  • Bobbi Brown Concealer in Natural with Pale Yellow Powder (Under Eye)
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light to Medium Bisque (Under Eye)
  • Nars Luster Blush (Cheeks)
  • Laura Mercier Peach Shimmer Block (Highlight)
  • Mac Bronze Bronzer (Back of Cheeks, Temple, Forehead, Under Jawline)
Eyes:
  • Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Cotton (All Over Lid at Primer)
  • Mac Soba Eyeshadow (Lid)
  • Mac Coppering Eyeshadows (Outer V)
  • Mac Spectacle of Yourself Mega Metal Eyeshadow (Crease) - Limited Edition: Mac Peacocky Collection
  • Mac Ricepaper Eyeshadow (Highlight)
  • Mac Impeccable Brow Pencil (Brows)
  • Mac Clear Brow Gel (Brows)
  • Mac Waveline Cream Liner (Top Lash Line)
  • Tokidoki Sobachan Perfetto Eye Liner (Top Lash Line - Very thin line)
  • Mac Show Stopper Eyeshadow (Lower Lash Line)
  • Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Liner (Waterline)
  • Dior Diorshow Blackout Mascara
  • Clinique Bottom Lash Masara
Lips:
  • Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Heather Pink #12
  • Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Flash in Evening Rose #756

No comments:

Post a Comment